Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Big Girls Don't Cry (Personal)


Big Girls Don't Cry (Personal)


  • Original Release Date: September 19, 2006
  • Release Date: September 19, 2006
  • Label: will.i.am music group/A&M
  • Copyright: (C) 2006 A&M Records
  • Song Length: 4:28 minutes
  • Genres: Pop/General
  • ASIN: B000V9AUC8
Fergie. What a muse. I've heard this song before with indifference. Today, I really "heard" it. Fergie has a very beautiful voice. I was first introduced to Fergie via the New Year's Day on television in New York. I immediately noticed how she could capitvate a crowd.

In this song, she captures a womanness that I've never heard in female vocals. Songs like this are great because men are reminded that women actually do need to be loved and have romantic feelings.

The song is sexy, sensitive, intensely emotional, cool, girly, and very seductive. It's a tough song to run to because your heart will be beating fast to a song with an unpredictable tempo.

The opening line, "The smell of your skin lingers on me now, you're probably on your flight back to your home town; I need some shelter and protection baby...." pretty much won me over and 2 million men on the planet who have any inkling of a romantic heart.

In my case, it didn't help that I was on a plane going home when I was reintroduced to Fergie properly. I downloaded the mp3 as quickly as I could once I got home.

No comments: