Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Climb


The Climb


  • Original Release Date: March 24, 2009
  • Release Date: March 24, 2009
  • Label: Walt Disney
  • Copyright: (C) 2009 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
  • Song Length: 3:55 minutes
  • Genres: Soundtracks/General
  • ASIN: B001W3T44W
Some may think this song is for 'tweens' only and dismiss this because it's 'Disney' and from the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack. Personally, I couldn't care less that this girl is only 15 or 16 or whatever she is...all I know it that I get chills every time I listen to this song.

Sure, it's cliche in a way, and obviously written to be a commercial success. But, the songwriters here have done a fantastic job of crafting an extremely inspirational tune...I love the fact you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the message of keeping the faith, battling through our struggles and never giving up. It hits me right in the gut and the heart.

It starts soft with just piano and Miley's vocal and builds to a soaring chorus with full instrumentation. Although I've never liked a Miley Cyrus song before, she excels this time around and leans toward her country roots, passionately and sincerely delivering the message in a way that can make a 42-year-old man like myself almost tear up. Laugh at me all you want, but before you do, really give this song a good listen, because I believe many can and will be inspired by "The Climb".

No comments: