Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Don't Care


I Don't Care


From their more punk roots of their early years, to the heralded "From Under The Cork Tree," to their fan polarizing follow-up. With their 3rd major-label rocker, the band named after an obscure Simpsons character returns to tweak their sound just a bit. Whether they'll succeed remains to be seen, but I'm just glad the song titles are shorter. The first single "I Don't Care" is the first single off the album, and let me tell you, the kids are loving it.

The lyrics are an apathetic ubber-ego emo-fest that is built upon a cleaver chorus of, "I don't care what you think, as long as it's about me!" It's played up in the usual Fall Out Boy power-rock/ anthemic arena rock fashion, and I would say it's certainly their best rock song since "Cork Tree."

So, if you're a Fall Out Boy fan, an apathetic emo teen, or an arena power rocker, then this song is for you. It's not polarizing, it's mainstream, and Pete Wentz still knows how to crank out the hits. Amazingly, this isn't even one of the better tracks on the album.

No comments: